It's all happening:
Our PhD program will start in the Fall of 2018.
The online application system is up and running. See below for instructions and links.
PhD in Complex Systems and Data Science
1. Our PhD in Complex Systems and Data Science (CSDS) enables students to build a deep portfolio of research on important, complicated, data-rich problems that matter.
2. Students will receive a wide and rich training in empirical, computational, and theoretical methods for describing and understanding complex systems.
3. Depending on their chosen area of focus, students will work within and across research groups, and be strongly connected with other students through co-location and regular student-led meetings and events.
4. The program’s scope is science-wide, encompassing natural, artificial, and sociotechnical systems.
For Fall 2018, applications will be accepted rollingly.
Starting in 2019:
Application Deadlines will be
February 1 for Fall admission, October 15 for Spring admission.
Students should have a relevant Masters or be able to show exceptional promise.
Prospective students should arrange for an advisor in advance.
International students will need to apply well in advance taking into consideration visa processes.
- Please apply online through UVM's Graduate College.
- Limited funding opportunities are available. To see available funding click here.
Program Director: Prof. Peter Dodds, Director of the Vermont Complex Systems Center.